There was a lot of information in this section. I learned more about FTP and P2P file sharing. Its really astonishing how many people think it's okay to steal music from P2P file sharing sites like Limewire. This is especially surprising because of all the harmful viruses that are so easily spread this way.
I also learned about images and their significance in the world and media today. It is important to optimize images for the internet when posting them on a website. These images can be either bit-mapped (raster) images or vector images. Raster images are made up of small dots so they lose quality when resized to a larger size. Vector images don't lose quality because they are made up of mathmatical calculations rather than dots. There are so many different types of images, and most can be optimized in Photoshop.
Through Web 2.0, it is so easy in this day and age to collaborate and communicate. Its all about making connections. There's taggin, micro-blogging, social networking, file sharing, and all of it is used to make our lives faster and easier. We're even mashing up these ideas so we can do multiple at once! The future looks like it can only get pieced together for us faster. With Web 3.0, searches will be a cinch.
My participation has been right on par for the course. I'm interested in these new ideas and creation and love learning about them. Jing has to be my favorite Web 2.0 tool.
Words I didn't know:
1. Raster
2. Vector
3. Folksonomy
4. Mashups
Jing is such a useful tool and something I like to use often. I think everyone should know how to use it and use it actively.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment