Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I learned about a bunch of Web 2.0 applications and website design and planning. Websites are pretty complicated and many are written in a language called Hyper Text Markup Language or HTML. HTML is very specific so it takes a good programmer to know how to make a well-designed site. Although, some use author software which writes the HTML for them. As time progresses, HTML is slowly getting replaced by XHTML, which is just a neater and stricter version of HTML. XHTML uses ONLY lowercase letters and ALL tags are closed.
I also learned how to make a podcast. It's really simple! I just used Garage Band to record myself. I also made a cool video using Animoto. I uploaded my pictures and music and it generated my video. Super easy! I embedded both my podcast and Animoto video to my blog. I love how easy it is to share my creations with the world! Lastly I created a website using Google Sites on the topic of Web Accessibility. I found this quite informative on why we should make sure people with disabilities have equal access to the web.

I feel my participation has been good this module. The only thing I missed was the HTML extra credit opportunity, but I don't think that will have a negative effect on me.

Words I Didn't Know:
WYSIWYG authors
Web Accessibility
XHTML
Content Planning

Xtranormal was a fun way to make a Learning Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment